Sunday 20 March 2016

Digging & Planting on such a lovely day.

If you remember a few weeks ago we started off some Garlic 'Pink' and 'Vigour' 

Well as you can see its come on fine and ready to plant out. See below
I have finally finished digging over this patch where I plan to put in the main crop Potatoes 'Cara' and 'Harlequin' that are 'chitting' at home. 

I will mix in some well rotted manure ready for planting time end of next month.
All that digging produced not only aerated soil but a lot of weeds and some ground elder roots, that we will never get rid of! 

So another bonfire was lit.
We also cleared this raised bed added some chicken manure pellets and planted out the Garlic, as shown above.
So that was a busy day and what a nice day it was. 

The sun was shining and warm too. 

I noticed the temp in the greenhouse was at 24 degrees.

But sadly no Frog Spawn yet, despite the fact we had loads this time last year and there is lots in the ditch surrounding our site.

Thanks for reading/returning. Ian 

1 comment:

  1. Hope you get some frogspawn soon, I'm still waiting too for the return of the frogs. I got frogspawn in my wildlife pond for the first time this day last year. I checked this morning but nothing as yet.

    Ian
    http://my-wildlife-pond-project.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete