Same day we also harvested:
We added a few more cabbages & some kale.
This load of Strawberries weighed 3.5 lb so Jo made some conserve, lovely on home-made scones.
So after digging up the leeks, I planted 48 more!
The early potatoes you can see in the background are too tall now to earth up anymore, they should flower soon, so we can dig some up in June maybe?
A few weeks ago Jo planted out some Beetroot, today they look good, as she has hoed around them.
Under the enviromesh tunnel (to the right) the carrots are coming up, but need weeding!
They are tied at the top to make the canes rigid.
Thanks for reading/returning.
Ian & Jo
But we have been very busy:
I made a new boundary fence out of pallets, dug over most of the plot & had a manure delivery.
But while I was digging the trenches for the Potatoes today, this cheeky Robin took to my spade handle each time I stopped!
I dug a trench a spade deep, put the soil in a mound along one side, put manure in the bottom of the trench & watered the soil & manure, once soaked in, I placed the 'chitted' potatoes along the bottom of the trench & then using a rake pulled the soil back over, to cover them.2 Weeks ago I planted 3 rows of 'Casablanca' 1st early & 3 rows of 'Charlotte' 2nd early, the same way as above except, 12" (30cm) apart in rows 24" (60cm) between.
The 'Casablanca' are already poking through.
In this one we have:
Spring Onions & Radish.Here we have:
& Peas so far.
We weeded & fed with chicken pellets.
The tree is still small, about 4' tall, but has loads of fruit forming.
It will be our 1st Pear tree, so excited to see how many we get.
Thanks for reading/returning. Ian & Jo