Sunday 5 October 2014

More planting and crop theft!

I bought some Senshyu Onions 2 weeks ago, put them in cells with multi purpose compost and watered well, they have already sprouted, so a good time to plant out. 
As they were outside all the time they are already hardened off. 
I know you like a before & after shot. 
So this morning I cleared the patch where the Nadine (2nd early) Potatoes were growing, prepared the ground and planted 72 of the Senshyu Onions.
Another job that needed doing was raising the netting over the Brussel Sprouts, all I did was to add a short length of cane to the blue pipe. 
As you can see the sprouts are forming and I don't want the wildlife to take them, see below!
Harvests this week: 
A test dig of the Cara (main) Potatoes, Tomatoes, Raspberries, Runner Beans, Kale, Sweet Peas and the last of the Nadine (2nd early) Potatoes.
Yesterday was a bit of a wash out, rain on and off all day, so glad today was dry, still lots to do before winter and crops still producing. 

The Leeks I put in a few weeks ago have taken well and the Spinach seems to be germinating too.
And now to the crop theft! 

When I was down on my plot on Thursday, I saw out of the corner of my eye a movement, to my surprise there was a Squirrel that had taken a Sweetcorn Cob and was tucking into it, if you recognise the culprit please don't call CrimeStoppers! 

Thanks for reading/returning. Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment