Thursday 17 May 2012

A couple of hours weeding today

 This is the last patch to be turned over and weeded.
 
Last year it was the Potato patch, where the Main Crops were growing.


This is the 'Before Shot'
So after an hour, I managed to turn over & remove the weeds from about a quarter of the patch.

I had a break at this point as it is back breaking work, despite light sandy soil, I don't envy people with heavy clay soil, I would hate digging that over! 
Here is the patch after 2 hours and about two thirds now done. 
The weeds are mostly Ground Elder and Nettles, but also Bindweed, Poppies and the odd Potato too.
The large heap in the foreground are all the weeds I have removed and are drying there ready to be burnt. 
A really productive afternoon today, had to get the weeding started as we have crops started at home ready to go in, Beans, Peas, Sweetcorn, Brasicas etc.

I also made a Scarecrow  this week, if you click on the photo a larger version will pop up so you can see him better, I have named him Worzel Jnr. 

Thanks for reading/returning. Ian.

No comments:

Post a Comment