Sunday 15 December 2013

Wintertime jobs

Just a few winter jobs to do. Have started some more Broad Beans in toilet roll tubes, home made compost and even cut down milk containers for holding them, drainage holes punched too :) 
The variety I have started is 'Super Aquadulce' a good Autumn sowing variety.
Another task I have been waiting to do is prune the Apple trees, these are Cox's Orange Pippins. 
Between Nov and Feb when all foliage has dropped, you need to trim off any very low branches, then reduce all remaining ones by a third to an outward facing bud.





Another job I did do I went to the Stables again and filled the car with sacks full of Horse Manure to fill up the Manure Bin I made recently.





So only a quick visit today, went late in the day and light was fading.

Thanks for reading/returning. Ian.

No comments:

Post a Comment