Sunday 2 May 2021

Another busy Sunday on the plot

The King Edward spuds I planted a few weeks ago are breaking though the soil, so I earthed them up, as we are still getting cold nights, the Charlotte spuds are up too, so they have been earthed up twice now.
We had a tray of peas ready to go out, so I made another 50" length of chicken wire for them, Jo planted them both sides and protected them with dried Teasels again. Now we have 150" planted up both sides so 300" of peas. 
Good job we love them.
I finished renovating the planting bed at the end of the greenhouse, its now deeper due to me using reclaimed roof slates, so Jo planted a couple of tomatoes and a cucumber.
There are still lots of things waiting to go out, but each time we visit we are planting more.

We harvested Peas (from the greenhouse) and some more Rhubarb.


Thanks for reading/returning. Ian & Jo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment