Monday 17 April 2017

Easter weekend on the plot

Well were do I start. 
In the raised bed we cleared and topped with mushroom compost we added 22 more Garlic and 20 Onion Shallots that we started off at home in cells.
This patch is where the Cara potatoes are going, so rather than using the rotavator I started digging it over.
More Asparagus are poking through the manure, we counted 10 spears!
Lots going on in the greenhouse now, waiting for the warm weather.
More & more trays of seedlings in the greenhouse, awaiting planting out. 
We need this space for Tomatoes!
I finished the potato patch on bank holiday Monday. 
As I said, I'm glad I dug it over, because of all the Ground Elder roots, Nettles and surface weeds that I removed instead of being chopped up by the rotavator !
We are expecting a bumper fruit harvest this year. Here are the apple blossoms.
There are loads of Gooseberries coming.
And plenty of Strawberries in flower. 

In the fruit cage there are loads of Raspberries, Black & Red Currants and Blueberries too.
I set up a wild bird feeding station, with peanuts, sunflower seed, fat balls & suet pellets, so far its been refilled 3 times over the weekend. 

So obviously popular with the local birds.
So despite working Friday & Saturday, we did manage to get lots done between the showers this Easter weekend.

Thanks for reading/returning. Ian & Jo

1 comment:

  1. Looking good.. I've just started harvesting the Asparagus too, can't get enough of it!

    Dicky
    http://dickysfarm.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete