Tuesday 7 March 2017

Growing & planting update for March

Been a busy week, preparing and weeding. 

In these two seed trays are Cauliflower 'All the Year Round' & Cabbage 'Attraction' seed sown. I will report on the progress.
The Garlic 'Vigour' I started off a few weeks ago have sprouted and I will be planting them out soon.
The seed potatoes, that are just on a shelf in the spare room, are 'chitting' well. 
I will be planting them out in a few weeks, I usually do this Easter weekend.
This is where the potatoes will go, I've been weeding & turning the soil over, we will leave the Kale growing as we give it to our Chickens and they love it & dig it up at spud planting time.  
Fantastic news today, there are 4 large lumps of Frog Spawn in our little pond, we did expect this to happen as we had seen some rather fat frogs, but never expected so much spawn!
In the patch I dug over (see above) there were still some Parsnips, so I pulled them all up, they have been in a while now so might be a bit 'woody' but others, if OK, we will make soup from.

Thanks for reading/returning. Ian & Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment