We still had some Purple podded mange tout Peas 'Shiraz' to put in, so I made a frame from bamboo canes & some mesh I found in the shed, also put cardboard down the middle to stop the weeds! I planted 25 each side.
The Purple podded climbing French Beans are working their way up the wig-wam I put up a few weeks ago.
The Borlotti Beans are winding their way up the bamboo wig-wam too.
In the Greenhouse we have started using cut bottles with a drip feed spike. We have 4 Tomatoes, 3 Peppers, 2 Cucumbers and a Courgette.
Now that the plot is almost full, we won't need any more horse manure, so Jo planted a couple of Squashes into the remaining muck, that's now well rotted.
Jo weeded the Onions, watered the Courgettes and planted a row of Rainbow Chard.
Pond update: We have now spotted 8 Frogs, of different sizes.
Here you can see one of the bigger ones.
The Tadpoles are much bigger too, we should see legs forming soon.
Lots of lovely flowers, California Poppies, Chives & Sage, the Bees love these.
We also have Cornflowers, Scabious, Cosmos, Sunflowers, Calendulas, Poppies, Nasturtiums, Foxgloves, Verbena, Teasels, Echinops, Sweetpeas and a wild flower patch too, all liked by the Bees.
Peas are climbing up the frames I made, these have even got pea pods forming, wont be long before we can try some.
I love this patch at the gate end of our plot, now that we have finished the planting with a Courgette in the small raised bed (behind the dry brick wall).
So we did alot today, weeding, planting, watering and even a bit of a bonfire, we still have lots of weeds to burn after drying.
But it was such a hot day, luckily we have a parasol to get some shade under and a small table too to have our pic-nic on.
Thanks for reading/returning. Ian & Jo