Sunday 7 September 2014

Busy week pulling weeds & burning them! Plus a harvest or two.

Busy time, pulling weeds, it's surprising how quick they take over, especially as the weather has been summer like this week. 

First I cleared the Potato patches ready for digging them up for storing. 
And where do all those weeds go? 
On the bonfire! I had some that were drying from a week ago, to start the bonfire with, then I could add the fresh 'green' weeds pulled up today & yesterday.
So pleased with our Autumn Raspberries, these are 'Joan J' variety and as you can see they are huge fruits, bigger than my thumb! 
Lovely Sunflower, enough said.
Harvests over the last week:
 In the Trug (far left) we entered this mix of veg in a local 'show your own' show and we came 3rd. 

I dug up some 'Sante' potatoes also Parsnips, Beans, Kale, Courgette, Tomatoes, Raspberries & Sweet Peas.
So as I said a busy week pulling up weeds, the plots looking neater, but there is still lots to do, but the weather forecast is good for the next few days, so another bonfire is likely.



Thanks for reading/returning. Ian.

No comments:

Post a Comment