Saturday 14 September 2013

The calm before the storm

Yes the forecast is for Autumn Storms tomorrow & I won't be setting foot outside, so I thought I would visit today and show you what's growing at the moment.

These are Squashes, just 2 of 5 that are growing well here.
Here is just one of the Patti Pan Squash plants, as you can probably see there are 5 fruits on this one. If you peel them, chop into largish chunks (removing the seeds as you go) place in a roasting tin with some black pepper & Olive Oil then roasted for 20 mins in a hot oven they are lovely.
The Bell Green Peppers are doing well, regular watering with Comfrey Tea added, has helped these get to the size they are in the Greenhouse.

The Long Red Peppers are also doing well, as I showed last month, still not turned red though, but still tasty sliced up on a Pizza.
Todays harvest:
Runner Beans
Courgettes (regular & round)
French Beans (green, purple & yellow)
Kale
Tomatoes
Raspberries
An update on the 'Ulster Classic' potatoes I put in where the Onions were growing, so far only 6 have broken the surface, but as the temperature is dropping daily I have had to earth up to protect the young shoots.

Thanks for reading/returning. Ian

1 comment:

  1. Next year I am going to try growing those beautiful Patty Pans .Thanks for the little recipe ! :)Daisy

    ReplyDelete