Tuesday 30 March 2021

A few days of sunshine so we got busy

I got busy finishing the new fruit tree area at the front, the  Apple & Damson trees look great now with a brick area to stop the weeds coming up.
The Pear & Plum tree area at the back is finished, I prefer the woodchip finish here. There is weed suppresant underneath though.
Jo put a few rows of Spring Onion and a row of Spinach here, last time we looked a few onions were coming up. 
Last year we lost most of our Currants, both black & red, to the birds, as the fruit cage had blown down in a storm. 

So I purchased a small fruit cage on-line and will put netting over before the fruit forms.

 We saw 2 Frogs mating about 10 days prior to finding this frogspawn. 

So we will have Tadpoles again and then more Frogs. Happy Days!

Here is one of our Frogs amongst the undergrowth. 

They love living on our Allotment.

On Monday I dusted off my trusty Rotovator,  I bought it years ago and keep it in the garage at home, so in a dry place. All I had to do was clean the spark plug, a few squirts of WD40 into the cylinder and started 1st time again.
I rotovated this patch, where the Potatoes will go...
I did this patch too that was a bit compacted due to walking over it and having bonfires (in the incinerator bin).
I also did this patch between the runner bean frame and new fruit trees at the front.


So all three areas of soil rotovated by lunch time. 

Signs of life:

Stockbridge Arrow Rhubarb.



We also spotted about 5 Asparagus spears, this year will be our 1st harvest from this variety we put in last year.
 








Look at the lovely blue sky, we have been so lucky this March, so many good days.

Thanks for reading/returning. Ian & Jo.


No comments:

Post a Comment