Sunday 7 February 2021

February lockdown & even more digging & weeding!

At the end of January I started digging over this patch. 

Last year we had Peas, Beans, Carrots, Parsnips, Beetroot and some other crops growing here.

This week I finished the digging, removed lots of weeds and grass, its now ready for Potatoes, hopefully they will arrive soon and I can 'chit' them ready for planting around Easter.
I dug over this patch where we had Brassicas last year, the tunnel to the left still has Kale growing. 
While I have been digging, the Robins have been active and picking up any worms I had disturbed.

This one looks well fed!

The area round the back of the Rhubarb bed always gets weedy, so I dug it over and got all the Ground Elder & Nettle roots out, I will put weed suppressant fabric down and some paving slabs & gravel, to hopefully keep the weeds suppressed!
Today, Sunday 7th, there was snow in the forecast, so we only stayed for a an hour or so. A few flakes of snow did flutter down, but nothing like a blizzard. 


Jo tidied up the fruit area, by weeding around the Raspberries, Currants, Blueberries, Blackberries & the Strawberries too.


Thanks for reading/returning. Ian & Jo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment