Sunday 15 September 2019

September harvest time

So a week ago I dug up more potatoes, these are Picasso main crop & very nice they are and make great chips & roasties too.
A lovely Trug of produce. 
Using my trusty petrol strimmer I cut the grass path again, might be the last time this year, unless we get a late summer.
Got loads of weeds to burn, so had to buy a new incinerator bin! 
At least we had plenty of dry weeds to burn, despite the rain we have had.
The Borlotto Beans are almost ready to pick, see below:
I'm glad we put a bigger netting frame over the Kale, it's put on a growth spurt now with more headroom. 
Today's harvest: Raspberries, Beetroot, Tomatoes & Pears from our neighbour.
And a bag full of Beans. 

Borlotto & Runner Beans.
We've harvested so much fruit this year, so I'm trying Goosberry & Raspberry mix wine.
I'm also starting a batch of just Raspberry wine. 

Will be doing a double batch of Rhubarb soon too.
Things are still growing though, I weeded around the Parsnips today & other crops are doing well, we expect to still be harvesting through the winter.

Thanks for reading/returning. Ian & Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment