The pond we cleared of tall grasses and overgrown lily pads in January now has lovely clear water, but no sign of Frogs yet, hopefully next month we will see frog spawn.
Jo dug over this raised bed and I added some used mushroom compost. We will use this bed for some salad crops.
We will need to re-do the Asparagus bed aswell as its full of Ground Elder & other persistant weeds!
So that horse manure I collected will be useful
If you remember last time this patch was full of dried weeds etc. Ready to burn......
......Well I managed to burn the lot today, on a clear patch of ground so there was no chance of harming any sleeping Hedgehogs, I didn't find any though.
So not a bad 3 hours of work done today, it was almost warm too.
We did stop for a cuppa & cake at lunchtime.
Thanks for reading/returning. Ian & Jo