Sunday 6 September 2015

Great day for weeding, planting & harvesting

In this patch where we still have some 1st & 2nd early Potatoes, I have planted out yet more Kale, in spaces where spuds have been dug up & under bird proof netting! I have left some Calendula flowers too for the bees.
These dark skinned Peppers are doing well in the greenhouse, the Tomatoes are still ripening & we are still harvesting both Moneymaker & Black Russian.
Can't wait to pick the Cox's Orange Pippin apples, won't be long now. 
Today's Harvest:
 Beetroot, Parsnips, Green/Yellow/Purple Beans, Runner Beans, Tomatoes, Potatoes, Raspberries, Blueberries & Flowers.
In this bag there is about 5lb of Beetroot, I plan to make wine from, I tried last year and it was a success so why not try again.
So a good day indeed for weeding, planting & harvesting. I certainly needed my truck to transport it all home.

Thanks for reading/returning. Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment