Sunday 16 February 2014

The Sun came out

Well what a week, rain, wind, rain, wind, heavy rain, strong wind, torrential rain, gale force wind! 
But luckily little damage to our Green house, only 3 perspex panels popped out, which I found on neighbours plot & fixed back, also a compost bin lid, found 2 plots away. 
But some faired much worse, one plot holder didn't glaze his Greenhouse and found the frame blown over all twisted and wrecked by the storm!
So back to today, as the sun came out it really felt like a spring day. After all the rain, some said the water in their wells was up to soil level, but I check mine and it was about 18" (45cm) below. 

But I finished digging over this patch I've been working on over the last week or so. 
Got all my spuds now and some will be going in here, so they are all chitting in the dining room.
I was recently voted onto our Allotment Association committee, today I did my 1st stint in the shop, its just an hour once a month and was great fun, meeting people I've know for years, but not always known their names, plus a newcomer who was after advise on what Potatoes to plant on his new plot, of course I could advise. 

But at least the weather was kind today after such a stormy week, still some weeding/clearing to do, but plenty of time, as its still too cold to plant anything out.

Thanks for reading/returning. Ian.

No comments:

Post a Comment