Sunday 9 February 2014

Cold & Wet February

 Still very cold and wet, but at least not under water like some of the country, even some plots on our site have some localised flooding, but mine is OK. 

So as I said in my video walkabout last week, this patch is next for digging over and I spent an hour doing just that, will be using most of this patch for Potatoes this year.
Just a glimpse of red through the manure, means the Rhubarb is ready to burst forth, so as soon as it warms up there will be no stopping it.
Talking of Potatoes, I now have 4 out of the 5 varieties I'm growing this year, so my 'chitting station' is back out (also used for drying Onions on). 
From the top: 
1st early 'Winston' 
2nd Early 'Charlotte' & 'Nadine' 
Main crop 'Sante'. 
Still waiting for main crop 'Cara', should be here soon.
Next jobs to do, finish digging over that patch started today & prepare all spud beds with manure.

The 'Winstons' are ready to put in but wont until threat of frost has passed, probably sometime in March.

Thanks for reading/returning. Ian 

No comments:

Post a Comment