Sunday 24 November 2013

Best time of the year to get some building done & preparation for next year

Over the last few days I have been busy collecting Horse Manure from a local stable, here you can see some collected earlier in the year, well rotted & spread all over the Rhubarb. 
In the corner you can see the start of some construction of a new Manure container, from Pallets, as I have collected 15 sacks of fresh manure that needs to be broken down.
I also collected some other Pallets, the Blue ones from a local Stove shop who were glad for me to take them, I got 5 and they are so heavy they will make a very good manure store. The other pallets you can see will make a new boundary fence, the blue line just visible on the left, I put in so I get the fence straight and in the right place.
We haven't taken the Hens down to the plot for some time, so today I fenced off the patch where the Peas, Leeks, Cabbage, Kale & Spinach are growing and let them peck around, they only pecked at the kale a little as they preferred scratching around the rest of the patch. 
We will certainly bring them back over the winter so they can finish the job! 
So it's been a good week very cold but with only a month until Xmas its no wonder. 
So glad today warmed up a bit (still in single figures) daytime has been around 4 to 5 degrees but over night temps get to Zero! 

Thanks for reading/returning. Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment