Sunday 27 October 2013

A very windy end to October

 If you saw last weeks Blog, I featured my 'no turn composting' well in this photo you can see a barrow full of compost from the 3rd bin. It has been left for about 2yrs, lovely and crumbly dark stuff. But here's a tip, don't use those plastic kitchen caddy bags, that claim to decompose, as my compost that's been working for 2 years has not broken down the caddy bags, better to use paper bags or newspaper to line your kitchen caddy. Plus the plastic bags clog up your compost bin, I have stopped using those bio-degrading ones!   
Still harvesting: 
Peppers from the green house. 
Butter Nut Squashes.
But there was more, watch the YouTube video to see.
There was another important job to do today, before we left for the Plot. Sort out our seeds & decide what we need to order for next year. Even after removing all the out of date seeds, I still managed to cover our dining table and we still had to order more! But more importantly I have decided & ordered the Potatoes for next yr:
1st Early: Winston
Salad: Charlotte 
2nd early: Nadine 
Mains: Cara & Sante
I have chosen spuds with good resistance to diseases & blight too.


So as my title says a very windy day, if you can see my wind sock flying horizontal! 

And the clocks went back!

But we managed to plant some more crops for winter growing, watch the Video for more details. 





Thanks for reading, viewing & returning. Ian.

1 comment:

  1. hey nice post meh, You are one of the best writers I've seen of recent. I love your style of blogging here. this post reminds me of an equally interesting post that I read some time ago on Daniel Uyi's blog: How To Take Actions Everyday .
    keep up the good work friend. I will be back to read more of your posts.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete