Yesterday I finished digging over the bulk of the Potato patch, this patch measures 340 sq ft, there is still about 250 sq ft to clear and dig over but there are still Parsnips and Leeks in the ground. But at least I have prepared the ground for all the 1st Early Spuds 'Anya and 'Foremost' maybe the 'Charlotte' too, these are 'chitting' now on a cool window sill.
So on Thursday I went to a local Stables. I half filled (too heavy if filled) 12 compost bags with well rotted Horse Muck, all that muck filled my car (with the seats down). So today I spread out 6 bags of the muck, will leave it on the surface to break down for a week or two, then I will get my Rotovator out and mix it well into the soil ready for planting the Spuds.
I noticed the red buds of the Stockbridge Arrow Rhubarb breaking though, the Victoria has buds too, this means things are warming up, spring is on it's way.
Thanks for reading/returning. Ian