Wednesday 25 May 2011

Weeding, Weeding, Weeding

Just thought you would like to see some of the fruit we are growing, in the Fruit Cage.

Here is just one of the Strawberry beds, in this one we are growing 'Alice' Strawberries. Each plant, there are 9 here, is laden with fruit and a few are just starting to turn red.
We have another bed the same size in the fruit cage, plus another larger raised bed, near the shed, with about 20 plants in it, also abundant with fruit.






Still in the Fruit Cage, here you can see a Bee on a Raspberry flower, it's nice to sit quietly in the cage and just listen to the hum of the Bees, there are so many.

One of the neighboring plots has a Bee Hive I wonder how many of the Bees in my cage came from the Allotment Hive?



So as the title says I have been doing alot of weeding and the plot is looking rather tidy.
The Potato bed on the left & Brassica bed on the right looking nice and weed free, for a change. It was nice to have the time this week to get it done. But my fingers are tingling from picking Nettles up with my bare hands, but as a Twitter follower said its said to be good for Arthritis :)

Thanks for reading/returning. Ian

2 comments:

  1. I've just bought some 'fill your own' tea bags with the intention of making nettle tea with the next load of nettles I find on the plot... No idea if it'll taste good, but it seems worth a try. :)

    Plot is looking great by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your allotment is looking fab!!! I was up to date on my weeding when I last left my allotment but they'll all be there again now thanks to all the rain we've had! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete