Sunday 22 May 2011

Day 2 of a busy weekend, Sunday

The weekend construction jobs continue.

First I made 2 taller 'wigwam' style frames for the Climbing (purple) French Beans, I used my usual circle of weed suppressing cardboard weighed down by a couple of old floor tiles.

Will be planting these up very soon, as the Beans have been started at home.

Despite the clear blue sky, it was a very windy & showery day today, but not so much as to stop me getting these jobs done, I do have the Shed to shelter in when it does rain.


The next frame I constructed was a tent style frame we always grow our Mange Tout Peas on this type of frame.
This year we are growing 'Oregon Sugar Pod' just the name sounds like they will be sweet tasting :)

We started some at home in root trainers, so when I planted them out today I also popped a seed in between so we get a successive crop later in the season.

So it's been a very productive weekend, I'm happy that most of the Potatoes are through, especially the 'Bleue d'Artois' French heritage spuds that my neighbor brought back from a trip abroad.
The fruit cage is bursting with flowers & buds. We are going to have a bumper crop of Strawberries, Blueberries, Blackberries, Raspberries & Black/Redcurrants.
There will be much Jam & Wine making I feel :)

Thanks for reading/returning. Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment