Sunday 17 April 2016

Allotmenting in the Sunshine

1st stop the greenhouse:
Potted up some Courgettes, did someone say don't plant too many?
I think it was me LoL
On the staging lots of seedlings coming on well, some flowers, Leeks, Peas, Chard, Kale & Salads.
In the raised bed along side the green house, we sowed some Beetroot & Carrot seed.
The Asparagus has started, I swear this one grew while we were there.
In this patch, freshly cleared & dug over, we sowed some Parsnips & more Carrot seed along side the Garlic, in the hope the root fly will be put off.
This corner is still awaiting attention, I've started digging over a small area, where I will construct a raised bed for some Gooseberry bushes to go in, the rest will need weeding & digging over!

This patch has been dug over & I've also done a bit of dry brick walling. Its where the main Potatoes will go in soon.

So as the title says 'Allotmenting in the sunshine' it's been a lovely day and the sun certainly did shine all day. 
No wonder we stayed for 5 hours.


Thanks for reading/returning. Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment