First job of the weekend:
On Saturday I rebuilt the Rhubarb bed edge using reclaimed wood. Looks a lot better and should last a long time too, as the old edging was almost completely rotted away.
Earlier in the week I started digging over this patch, where the early spuds are going.
Continued on Saturday and today I extended the patch by removing 2 cold frames and some Cabbages that had finished.
So the final patch measures about 13ft wide, so I will be able to plant both early (Rocket) & 2nd early (Charlotte) Spuds.
Today I decided to empty one of the compost bins, been left for about 18 months and was lovely and crumbly.
My no turn method seems to work and is really good stuff, see below to see what we used it for.
Our pond, we haven't seen any life in it for months, but this week we spotted a massive lump of Frog Spawn, still not seen any Frogs, but they must be there somewhere.
But the pond is covered with pond weed at the moment, which we will clear away soon.
Anyway this is where the compost bin contents ended up, topping up the raised bed I finished last week.
We then planted out the first lot of Pink Carousel Garlic.
We have started another lot in cells, so we will have so much Garlic this year!
Been a lovely weekend, even the sun came out today, maybe the first sign of spring and the clocks go forward (in UK) next weekend, so longer days.
So now all the major construction is done, this end of the plot is looking neat with new raised bed edges.
I can concentrate on planting, now.
The only harvesting done this weekend was to dig up the last of the Beetroot, to make way for main spud patch preparation (and the bonfire),
Thanks for reading/returning. Ian