Saturday 12 January 2013

More digging & harvesting

I have repeated a photo from last weekends digging, as an example.
So back to today. I managed in a hour or so to dig over & remove all trace of weeds, in an area of about 42 square feet (4 sq Mtrs). Needed to carry on as the temp is expected to drop to -1 tomorrow and into next week and the soil might be to hard to dig. I estimate I have now dug over a sixth of the area where I will be planting this years Potatoes.
So while I was there I also dug up a few Parsnips, they are growing across the patch set aside for Potatatoes (see above)
I also dug up some more Carrots, most have been small like the ones to the left of this photo but just one as you can see is Massive! 
These will be used in a stew with the Parsnips & Potatoes.

Thanks for reading/returning. Ian.

No comments:

Post a Comment